What Personal Information About Customers Does Breast Pump Rentals LLC Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
Cookie Consent & Personalized Tracking
Managing your cookie settings
If you choose not to accept cookies, this may impair the usability of the Website and you may not be able to take advantage of some of our features and services offered.
If you use different devices to access our Website (e.g., smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences.
Use of Google Universal Analytics
Google will use this information as our commissioned data processor to help us evaluate the use of our Website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other statistical and analytical services relating to usage of our Website. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You may prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of this Website (including your IP address) and opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by downloading and installing a browser-plugin.
As an alternative to installing the browser-plugin, or in case you use our Website with browsers on mobile devices, you can also opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics if you click on the following opt-out link: Opt-out of Google Analytics Tracking
In this case, an opt-out cookie will be placed on your browser that prevents any further tracking of your use of this Website by Google Analytics. Please remember that you will have to opt-out again if you delete all cookies stored on your device.
You will also have to opt-out for each device you use to visit our Website.
Use of Google Analytics Advertising Features
Depending on the pages you visit on our Website, we may further use certain Google Analytics Display Advertising features, such as demographics & interest reporting and remarketing features.
To enable these features, a third party DoubleClick Cookie will be placed on your device by Google (when you visit certain pages of our Website or websites from other publishers that have implemented advertising features based on the DoubleClick Cookie).
The DoubleClick Cookie stores information about your use of our Website (and eventually other websites visited in the Google advertising network), including the sites visited, ad views, page views, user interaction data, browser information, IP-address, a cookie ID, and your search history. Google will not link your name or other personally identifiable information to your DoubleClick cookie without your prior consent.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the data stored in the DoubleClick Cookie in order to obtain statistical reports on our user's demographics (age, gender) and interests. These reports help us to better understand our users and to improve our Website and services.
In addition, we use Google Analytics' remarketing features to run advertising campaigns (including Google AdWords) to users of our Website. Based on their prior visits to our Website (and their interests expressed during those previous sessions), these users will be delivered relevant targeted advertising when they browse other sites in the Internet within the Google Display Network. We may also use the Google Analytics Advertising features to help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Please further note that the DoubleClick Cookie also enables Google and other third party vendors to serve targeted advertising (based on your prior visits to our Website and/or other sites on the Internet). These ads may be shown on websites of Google and/or other publishers participating in the Google advertising network.
You can manage your preferences and opt-out of Google's interest-based ads in your Google Ads Settings. In this case, the unique cookie ID of the DoubleClick-Cookie is overwritten and can't be associated with a particular browser. Please note that a new DoubleClick-Cookie might be placed if you delete all cookies from your device and you may have to renew your opt-out settings.
Creating one single record with information from other sources
In case you decide to use other services offered by us mybreastpumprental.com we may create one single record for you which combines the data we receive from you through your use of these other services with the data we receive from you through your use of the Website.
This single record helps us to better understand your needs and preferences in order to more efficiently provide you with the requested products and services, including enabling you to benefit from a more personalized experience.
Does Breast Pump Rentals LLC Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples: delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Breast Pump Rentals, LLC., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Breast Pump Rentals LLC and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household (“Personal Information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Categories of Personal Information
Identifiers Name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address or other similar identifiers
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) Name, date of birth, signature, address, telephone number, fax number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information including income level, or personal health information, including but not limited to insurance policy number and due date or birth date of baby.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law Age (40 years or older), marital status, gender, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), pregnancy or childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
Commercial information Order information, shipping information, product, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Internet or other similar network activity Access history and information on your interaction with our website or application.
Professional or employment-related information Occupation, employer information
Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)) Education level, school attended
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, through information you provide to us when you engage our services, including but not limited to, visiting or registering on our website.
- Directly from our service providers and business partners. For example, from information you provide our service providers when purchasing or renting a product or service, responding to a survey or providing a review.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To process your purchases of or requests for products or services.
- To meet the reason for which your Personal Information was provided.
- To respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes.
- To provide you with email alerts and other marketing concerning our products or services.
- To provide you with updates to your insurance application process and fulfillment.
- To improve our products or services to you.
- To tailor the content and information that we or our service providers may send or display to you, to offer personalized help or instruction or to otherwise personalize your experience while using the website or app.
- To assist in advertising our products and services on third-party websites.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- For marketing analysis, data analytics and other similar analytics
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, service providers or others.
- To comply with federal, state and local laws, cooperate with and respond to law enforcement requests and as otherwise required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- To help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our website, app, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice and obtaining your consent.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for business purposes. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter into a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third party to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract or otherwise complying with the law.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
We have disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Our distribution partners and customers or their agents who are providing products or services to you.
- Service providers.
- Development partners.
- Operating systems and platforms.
- Data processors.
- Marketing analytics and advertising companies.
- Research partners.
- Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with products or services.
We Do Not Sell Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information. We do not intend to sell any Personal Information in the future. If we change this intent, we will update this Privacy Notice accordingly.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights regarding your Personal Information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know
You have the right to know what categories of Personal Information we collect, the sources from which we collect the Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share or disclose the Personal Information, and the purposes for collecting or disclosing the Personal Information. We are required to provide this information to you before or at the point of collection of your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with this information.
Right to Access Your Collected Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, disclosure and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete, if applicable) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction or provide a good or service requested by you for which we collected the Personal Information, or otherwise perform a contract.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our systems.
- Exercise a legal right provided by law, including exercising or ensuring free speech rights.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if: the research adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws; deleting the Personal Information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it; and you provided informed consent during the initial data collection.
- Enable our internal use in a manner that you would reasonably expect based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Exercising Your Right to Access and Right to Delete
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-220-4456 and we will provide you with a Privacy Request Form that you will need to complete and submit to us in order to make a verifiable consumer request. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. You can submit a verifiable consumer request by completing the Privacy Request Form and:
- Providing sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative;
- Describing your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it; and
- Including a declaration affirming your identity.
We may deny your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You may also designate a person or entity registered with the California Secretary of State to be your authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. When we receive a request from an authorized agent, you or your agent will need to provide us with a copy of your signed, written permission authorizing the agent to act on your behalf and you may need to verify your own identity directly with us, unless we have been provided a power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465. We may deny a request from an authorized agent if we do not receive sufficient proof that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of a request from you or your authorized agent within ten (10) days of the request.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days. If we cannot verify your request and respond in that time, we will notify you in writing that we need an additional 45 days and explain the reasons for the additional time.
Any disclosures in response to a request to know will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. If you have requested to know specific Personal Information we collected, we will provide your Personal Information in a format that is readily useable and allows you to transmit the information to another person or entity.
If we cannot comply with your request, in whole or in part, we will explain the reasons why we cannot comply in our response.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you use of our products or services; or
- Provide you a different level or quality of products or services.
Notice of Financial Incentive
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. The date this Privacy Notice was last updated is identified at the bottom of this page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Mybreastpumprental.com website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Updated: July 1, 2020